Thank you for choosing Shear Pointe for all your haircare needs. Regardless of hair type or application method your new hair has specific needs which will require special care & the use of special products. The following instructions will help to keep your hair looking & feeling its absolute best.
- After each bonding or bonding touch up please allow 24 hours before elevating your body temperature with strenuous activity or getting your scalp wet. Choosing not to wait will cause bond to release prematurely.
- Please use the Shear Pointe recommended shampoo, conditioner, leave in conditioner & antiseptic. Use of the wrong product, even once, can damage the hair & reduce its lifespan
- Please use a comfortably cool water temperature when shampooing your hair. Warmer temperatures can cause the hair color to fade & bond to loosen. After strenuous activity allow body temperature to cool before shampooing. Elevated body temperature during shampoo can loosen the bond. If waiting is not possible take a cold shower to help lower body temperature before shampooing.
- If your new hair is bonded please refrain from using a sauna & limit hot tub use.
- While in hot tub avoid getting your hair wet & do not put your head under water.
- Shampoo only as needed. When shampooing short hair apply shampoo with palms of your hand & do not scrub or rub the scalp area of your new hair. Rinse thoroughly & apply conditioner the same way. Use conditioner after every shampoo.
- Blot hair with towel to dry then apply leave in conditioner. Rubbing hair with towel will create friction & cause hair to become dry and frizzy.
- Please use Shear Pointe recommended styling tools, products & aids. Use of the wrong tools, products & aids, even once, can damage the hair & reduce its lifespan.
- Please use an extra wide tooth comb, pick or wet brush on wet hair. Comb out tangles starting from the ends of the hair gradually working toward your scalp & make sure all tangles are combed out.
- When combing, brushing or picking your hair please avoid scratching the scalp area
- Allow hair to air dry as much as possible
- When blow drying please use lowest effective heat setting. Direct air to area that takes longest to dry. This is typically the scalp area as ends tend to dry the quickest. Continuously move dryer to reduce heat damage. Reduce temperature as hair dries so that you always finish with the cool setting.
- When using curling & straightening tools please use lowest effective heat setting & use recommended thermal protectant to reduce heat damage.
- Do not go to sleep with wet hair.
- Please use a silk or satin pillow case. Cotton & flannel pillow cases cause friction and will cause the hair to become dry and frizzy.
- Salt water & chlorinated pools damage hair. To reduce damage saturate hair with leave in conditioner prior to swimming. Shampoo & condition thoroughly afterward.
- If household water is high in chlorine or is hard water use of a filtering shower head is needed. You will also want to use filtered water in a spray bottle when dampening hair.
Here are some additional instructions for long hair:
- Prior to sleeping, showering, swimming & after waking up, please be sure to apply leave in conditioner & use a large tooth comb, pick or wet brush to comb out any tangles. Start from ends of hair & gradually work toward scalp.
- Shampoo only as needed. Please use cool water & apply shampoo to scalp area with balls of your fingers. While applying shampoo do not rub the scalp area of your new hair. Rinse thoroughly.
- Squeeze out excess moisture before applying conditioner.
- Apply conditioner liberally to ensure all hair (especially ends) is saturated. However, please keep conditioner off scalp area. Allow conditioner to penetrate before rinsing.
- You may find that by simply wetting & conditioning the hair you will extend the time between shampoos. Use of antiseptic on scalp area will also help.
- Squeeze excess moisture from hair then wrap towel around hair to dry. Once towel is removed you may blot hair with towel then apply leave in conditioner. Rubbing hair with towel will create friction & cause hair to become dry & frizzy.
- Please use an extra wide tooth comb, pick or wet brush on wet hair. Hold hair as if to ponytail while combing out tangles starting from the ends gradually working toward your scalp & make sure all tangles are combed out. Reapply leave in conditioner as needed.
- When sleeping, swimming & in windy conditions hair is to be loosely braided or ponytailed.
Some hair shedding is expected. Your new hair has a life expectancy that will vary based on many factors including how you care for it. If you feel shedding is excessive, please save shed hair & bring to your Image Stylist immediately for inspection. We will be happy to inspect Guest's hair who have purchased the recommended styling tools, products & aids. Following these instructions will keep your new hair in the best possible condition & maximize its lifespan. If you have any concerns or suggestions about your hair, please alert your Image Stylist. Home care instructions are updated, to access the latest version please add ShearPointe.com/homecare to your favorites. Thank you for entrusting Shear Pointe with all your hair care needs.